Set up schemas and datasets
To leverage data collection via the Experience Platform Edge Network, data has to be sent in as XDM objects. The use of non-XDM objects is currently unsupported.
In order to begin sending XDM data from your mobile application to Edge Network, you'll need to do the following:
Schemas are a formalized description of the structure of your data. Schemas provide a standardized way of describing data in Experience Platform. This allows for all data that conforms to schemas to be reused across an organization without conflicts, or even shared between multiple organizations.
Edge Network and Adobe Experience Platform require your incoming data to have a defined schema that describes your data’s structure and provide constraints to the type of data that can be contained within each field.
The following steps illustrate the creation of a sample schema for mobile data collection:
- 2.Create an XDM Schema as follows:
- 1.From the left panel, select Schemas
- 2.Select Create schema.
- 3.Select XDM Experience event.
- 4.Under Field Groups, select Add; search and add the
Adobe Experience Edge Autofilled Environment Details,
AEP Mobile Lifecycle Detailsand other pre-created or custom field groups as needed.
- 5.Set a Display Name for this schema and select
Schema creation in Adobe Experience Platform
Data ingested into Adobe Experience Platform is stored (in the Data Lake) as datasets that conform to the aforementioned mentioned XDM schema (setup in the step above).
The following steps illustrate the creation of a sample dataset for mobile data collection:
- 2.Create a new dataset as follows:
- 1.From the left navigation panel, under Data Management, select Datasets.
- 2.Select Create dataset from schema.
- 3.Select the XDM schema previously created and select Next.
- 4.Set a name for the dataset and select Finish.
Dataset creation in Adobe Experience Platform